EDGE Community Page
Fun things to do with your pet in Downtown St. Petersburg!
Pet-Friendly Downtown Communities
Enjoy downtown living with your best friend in one of the most pet-friendly neighborhoods of St. Petersburg. We’ve partnered with the following residencies to offer tenant perks like 50% off your first wellness exam:
- Hermitage Apartment Homes: Looking for a pet-friendly community in St. Petersburg, FL? Look no further than Hermitage Luxury Apartment Homes where we proudly accept both dogs and cats!
- Artistry: If you’re searching for apartments in St Pete, you’ve found one of the best locations to spoil your furry friend with a Pet-Friendly new home or the Bark Park & Pet Washing Station.
- The Exchange: Discover pet-friendly, elevated apartment living designed with a distinct urban edge. The Exchange features a dynamic collection of lifestyle amenities boasting up-scale finishes and unique urban vibes.
- Avanti: Our pet-friendly community is ready to welcome you home.
Pet-Friendly Bars & Restaurants
St. Petersburg is not only one of the most pet-friendly cities in the US, but it also has some of the best locally-owned bars and restaurants that will welcome your best friend with open arms (and maybe a few treats):
- Dog Bar St. Pete: Dog Bar is a unique combination of an off leash dog park and a full service bar. Our concept is all about the dogs and we require our doggy patrons to have a membership, this helps us ensure that all of our pups are healthy and nonaggressive. Our dog park boasts over 4,500 square feet of fenced off leash fun and is designed with Astroturf for a cleaner and more comfortable play surface. The off leash area will have a Dog Park supervisor, known as a “Wooferee” during peak times to ensure that all our members have a safe, fun experience.
- Fergs Bar and Grille, Ferg’s Dog Park: The infamous Ferg’s Sports Bar and Grill has a large fenced in dog park for Fido to enjoy himself in while you catch the game on any of several large screen TVs! Bring your appetites because Ferg’s has created a Dog Chow menu that your pup will love and ensure you can enjoy your chicken wings in peace. Dogs must be licensed and immunized.
- Greenbench Brewery: Be sure to stop by our favorite pet-friendly local brewery to try one of their unique craft beers, mead, and ciders in one of two tasting rooms overlooking the brew rooms, or their large outdoor courtyard where the St. Pete community gathers to enjoy the beautiful weather.
- Grassroots Kava: A sociable setting for both you and your pet to hang out over various kava & kratom drinks plus coffee & tea until late.
- Casita Taqueria: Mouth watering tacos born from a love of authentic Mexican cuisine with fresh and quality ingredients. Casita Taqueria has several locations that offer outdoor seating where you can enjoy house made tortillas with your favorite four legged friend.
Pet Boarding and Walkers
Whether you’re away for a long word day or taking an extended trip, you’ll want to be sure that your pet is being cared for with as much love and attention as possible. We’ve done the hard vetting process for you and have recommendations for your in-house and boarding pet sitting or walking needs:
- Calling All Dogs & Cats: Locally owned & operated since 2004 and providing a full range of services from daily dog walking and cat sitting, to doggy sleepovers (sitter’s home) and overnight stays (your home) throughout Pinellas County. All visits are GPS tracked for accountability and receive journals with notes and photos after each visit. All sitters are licensed, bonded, and insured, so you can rest assured that your pet and personal property are covered!
- Bay Paws: Bay Paws is a local, woman-owned luxury dog daycare and pet resort that will pamper your pets during their stay. Bay Paws offers dog daycare, dog and cat boarding, and grooming.
Dog Training & Behavior Modification
- U.B. Haven: Formally Sit Happens, U.B. Haven are passionate trainers who strongly believe in the use of science based, ethical, and humane training methods! While they specialize in behavior modification; curing both canine anxiety and aggression, their trainers work with dogs of all different sizes, ages, breeds, skill sets, and needs.
Pet Groomers & Boutiques
These local pet services do the most to spoil their clients – from custom grooming to baked in-house treats. Schedule your floof’s spa appointment today!
- Woofgang St. Pete: Woof Gang Bakery is the leading specialty retailer of pet food, pet supplies and professional pet grooming in North America, with more than 130 locations open or under development across the U.S. Woof Gang Bakery offers the very best in pet care by providing quality products and grooming with a service-oriented approach.
- Two Mutts and a Poodle: Two Mutts and a Poodle Pet Salon is a full service pet grooming salon located in the Grand Central District of Saint Petersburg, Florida. Their caring staff will put your pet at ease and take great care of them during their visit. They will love coming in the door and have that cute proud wiggle when you pick them up.
- Dandy’s Grooming: Dandy’s Pet Grooming has over 56 years of combined pet grooming experience, ranging from show grooming to all breed Pet grooming. They pride themselves on constantly providing a safe and quality grooming experience for your precious family pet.
Parks and Activities
Enjoy St. Petersburg’s beautiful scenery with your best four-legged friends at one of the many waterfront parks, outdoor markets, or local landmarks that are worth a visit whether you’re a local or a day-tripper:
- Saturday Morning Market: Spend your Saturday morning strolling through the park, enjoy the live music, meet the local farmers and vendors of our community, and discover interesting crafts – all with your furry best friend in tow! Located in the Al Lang Field parking lot every Saturday from 9a-2p, early October – late May.
- North Shore Dog Park: Visit this expansive, water side dog park where you can enjoy the shade underneath the many oak trees and the breathtaking views while your dog enjoys the social atmosphere.
- The St. Pete Pier: 26 beautiful acres seamlessly combine the peaceful blue waters of Tampa Bay with the vibrant greenery of downtown St. Petersburg’s parks, creating the ultimate place to stroll, bike, dine, drink, shop, swim, take in a concert and more.